Monday, July 26, 2021

My rants for today

 I have always used a little makeup, foundation, eye shadow and lipstick.   During the past year and a half only some eye shadow, not much sense for anything else.  Anyway, I did need some foundation,  I use a certain brand, so off to the drug store.  Found the shade I wanted,  went to the self checkout, (I do  not like using these, it puts someone out of work) so I proceed to scan, no barcode on the package, that has never happened to me before.  Got it all sorted out and came home.

Looking at the new tube, which was in a package it appeared to be a lot bigger than the one I have had for a considerable length of time.  The old one was never in any extra packaging.  Comparing the two, the new one was a lot longer, so looked at the ml, now my RANT.   It was 10ml less than the old one, in a longer but narrower tube, and in  packaging which made it appear to be even larger.  I cannot remember how much I paid for the old one, but I am sure it was not as much as the new one cost.  

Have you noticed this, products made to look the same size or bigger than they use to be and costing more?   Some products in plastic containers, I have noticed have an indentation on the bottom, so not as much product goes in but the price remains the same. 

This drug store, also has a regular day every month in which seniors get a discount.  I am sure all the products that are popular with seniors are put on a special pricing about a week before the discount day. So when you go in a get one of these products, you don't get the discount because they are special pricing. The special prices is only a few cents cheaper, where the discount is 20% so it's a win win situation for the store not the customer. 

I am done.

Weather today, hot and humid.

Dinner tonight, leftover spaghetti sauce, will do some more spaghetti and salad, lemon cake for dessert.

3 comments:

  1. I have both heard of this & encountered it myself over the recent years. I've heard also, in the news, that due to "food shortage" occurring today, manufacturers are reformatting their packaging to include less product. I'm curious... what brand & kind of foundation do you like? I haven't worn foundation in a long time but, for some reason, have decided I need to. (??) So I took a random shot and bought L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation in the color "neutral". I bought the matching powder too. We'll see how it works. Maybe I'll try it today when we take the grands to the bookstore. :) ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have definitely noticed that often lately, just another way to rip us off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, your experience is real for me too, especially the creams in tubs with an indentation. Some times the indentation is so high, there is hardly any cream for the price. Also the plastic cups for drinks in S, M, L are actually about the same. We get fooled cos they play with the heights and widths of the cups. Hav not put on any make up since March 2020, we have to mask every time we are out of the house. Now we are told to DOUBLE MASK or wear shield - oh Corona, you are cruel!!

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...