Sunday, April 25, 2021

Up & down like a bride's nighty

 That is our weather at the moment,  what were you thinking?

One day we have beautiful sunshine and warm temps which makes me shed some of the long sleeve sweaters I have been wearing outside.  Next I am putting them back on again, along with a coat.   It is only 6*C at the present time, the wind is quite brisk, and we had a shower over night.  I keep forgetting it is still only April, historically weather can be fickle this month.

Did some garden work yesterday, Oh!! how I hate getting old   After about an hour I was done, I get very tense in my shoulders which causes pain, so must learn to pace myself, I suppose.   After a good nights sleep I am ready to go again.  Very seldom do I take any medication, don't like putting in my body, any more pills than is absolutely necessary.

Yesterday, I missed another birthday celebration for a great grand daughter, she was nine, her sister will be two next week, another one I am not able to attend.  When we are back to a more normal life I would like to plan a birthday party for all six of my grands, only time will tell when that might happen.  Hubby and I will both have a milestone birthday, in Oct. and Nov. so hope we can do some kind of celebration for that.  

Previously I believe I have mentioned that correspondence, via snail mail is still done with a school friend I had in England.  On Friday, I received another letter from her.  We both started school together when we were four years old.  When I was 12 years old I left England, and never saw her again until 2001.  In 67 years since leaving England, I have met with her only once for 48 hours, but we have been writing regularly since 1954.   I doubt we will ever meet again, which is quite sad.  During a  lifetime, I know friends come and go,  because we are so far apart could be the reason for us still being long distance friends.

Dinner tonight, have not even thought too much about it at the moment,  I am sure we will not go hungry.  There was a change of plans last night and we had hot dogs, beans and a salad, lemon pie for dessert.  Maybe yesterdays menu will be tonight.

 

1 comment:

  1. Well that title certainly is an attention grabber lol! How nice that you still keep in touch with your old friend from so long ago. I'm sure whatever you decide on your dinner will be delicious. Have a nice relaxing Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...