Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Ouch, ouch

Yesterday I started to spring clean the living/dining room, when I spring clean I really do a deep clean.  Using a toothbrush to get into the corners of the windows and along the baseboards.  This house was built in the 70's and not much has been updated in the windows and wood trim in these areas. What has been cleaned so far, is looking so much better.  Today I am finishing the room.  The carpet needs to be cleaned but at this point in time with the lockdown that is not going to happen so I have been using a spot cleaner to get at the little spots.  Today, I washed the curtains and cleaned out the china cabinet, the drawers and cupboard below it.  Hubby washed to dining room window this morning, so now we can see out of it, it had not been done for a couple of years as it is very high, he had to get on the extension ladder  to be able to do that job. Just need to clean the light fixture over the dining table and polish the table and chairs then I can call that area done.  Pacing myself today, so that is all that will be done. tomorrow the fireplace, the mantle and redo the flower arrangement on the hearth.   Then on to the guest bedroom, it is not that bad as it was recently painted and of course during the past year ....no guests.

We had a beautiful sunny morning and it was still decent enough to eat our picnic lunch outside, however, while writing this at 3:45 p.m. it has clouded over, so we could be getting the rain showers that have been forecast.

Dinner tonight, pulled pork on a bun, a big salad, and apple turnovers for dessert.



3 comments:

  1. I have a home shampooer, Pat, and I love that thing. I think it's made by Bissell (or is it Hoover, I forget). No, it's Bissell, I'm almost 100% sure about that. Anyway, I haven't had my carpets professionally cleaned in many years and have saved I-don't-know-how-much money. Maybe it's something you might want to consider. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about that, does yours do a good job? I have rented one from the grocery store, but they are so big and heavy for me to use. Anyway, they have all been removed due to COVID, so couldn't rent one even it I wanted to, plus I doubt a shampooer would be classed as an essential item, so could not buy one at the present time. Will have to investigate the when we can go into stores.
      Pat xx

      Delete
  2. I deep clean like you do and just did my whole house top to bottom in February. It's a lot of work when we get older, but you'll be so glad when it's all finished!

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...