Saturday, April 03, 2021

Better day

 There is no wind today, but the clouds are back, sun trying to peek through every one in awhile.

Well, the cake pops were a hit, the carrot cake turned out beautifully, will put the icing on today.

Jumped on the scales as we do every Saturday morning,  do scales lie, I am sure they do,  where did that high number come from?  Too many cake pops?  Or is it because of me not going for my walks?  I suspect a bit of both.  So... today, as my hip is feeling so much better, I will go for a walk,  the ground is dry so I will go through the field today.  All the morning dog walkers have come and gone, just hope they have picked up where their dogs relieved themselves.  So many of them do not pick up after their dogs, so will need to watch where I place my feet.

Dinner last night was a disaster.   I buy a thin crust frozen pizza from the grocery store, the ones you get from the pizza take outs have just too much crust for our tastes.  The one  we like is a spinach and cheese, just take it out of the box, place on rack in  toaster oven and cook for 15 minutes.  It always is perfect, except for the one we had last night.   It seemed to be cooking on one side more than the other so decided to turn it around on the rack.  Mistake,   It slid right off the rack, under the elements, cheese stuck to everything.  Using two egg lifters it came out in a mangled mess.  More cheese added and it was edible but then needed to clean the oven.  The saving grace for dinner was the salad and cake pops.   

No dinner prep for me tonight,  we are having a roast of beef tomorrow,  (cauliflower masked as potatoes,) broccoli, gravy, salad.  Going to try skipping dessert.  In all the years at home when I was child Mum always had dessert, and I carried on doing the same for my family and still do it now.  But, maybe it is time for a change.   

The sun is shining a little more often, so I am now going out for my walk.  

Have a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your cake pops turned out well! Last year once the pandemic arrived I stopped my walks and since I love to cook I started making us big breakfasts every morning and started baking a couple times a week. Boy was I shocked to see the scale towards the end of the year! I'm back on track now luckily. Sorry about your pizza disaster, sounds like a real mess to deal with. Enjoy the sunshine and your walk today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you! Have a beautiful day! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...