Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Green, green grass, and flowers of home

 I can't believe how much our lawn has grown in the last couple of days,  Those Spring showers and now the sunshine today, will make it grow even more.  The buds on the trees are splitting open, first with flowers and then the leaves.  There is an ornamental fruit tree, not sure what it is though, in the neighbours front garden which is full of white blossoms, unfortunately, the flowers do not last very long.   Some of the early blooming magnolia's are in flower also, the one we have in our front garden, is a later variety, so no flowers yet.  


 These primroses were given to me a couple of years ago by Hubby's niece N,  the colour is brighter than the photo shows.  The plan is to divide  the plants to make more splashes of colour in the garden during  the Springtime.  I have done this several times in the past years so now have some nice patches of colour, but would like more.    Also found the clematis has grown two new plants due to some of the branches being under some soil, so have put those in pots and the rain we have had will do them more good than tap water.  

I bought a Christmas cactus on sale a couple of years ago, it was looking a bit neglected but has been brought back to life and at the present time, I have been feeding it will banana skin infused water.  I cannot believe the number of new leaves growing, now I don't know if it would have done this without the water I have been feeding it or not, in any case happy with it growth.    I have also been feeding this water to the geraniums cuttings I potted up last Fall,  and they are full of flowers.  

By now you must know I love plants, flowers and gardening.

Early start getting our groceries this morning.  

My youngest grand daughter 18 years has just taught herself to crochet from the computer and has recently finished a sweater, which she showed me a photo of last night.  It looks great on her too.  She is the only GD that has shown any interest in doing crafty hand work, so that pleases me, as I am that way inclined also.  

Dinner tonight our usual Tuesday chicken, asparagus and salad.  I bought some apple turnovers for dessert, not really a good choice but they looked yummy.

So that is all from me today, enjoy what ever you are doing this Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how much more plants like rain than water from the tap. It sounds like you have nice green thumbs. I love gardening too but I don't have very good luck with it. I'll just blame it on our sandy soil. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...