Thursday, April 22, 2021

Sirius

 My car is a 2006 model, so no modern convinces such as GPS,  Bluetooth, Apple play etc.  just a plain radio and disc player.   Hubby has a new SUV which had Sirius radio and all the bells and whistles, half of which we never use.    For some reason, he received information regarding Sirius when he signed up for it to be connected in his vehicle, in this info there was a special deal, which included among other things, to purchase a unit for another vehicle.  I don't like most of the music??? that is on the regular radio so I got the Sirius for my car, also in the package was the hook up pieces to put it in the house if you wanted.    I had it in my car until today, my car sits in the driveway 24/7 only going on short trips to the store etc. it was actually as waste of money,  so I suggest that we put it in the house.   We hooked it up today and now I am listening to Frank Sinatra.  

Cold, snowy, windy, not much like Spring at all.   The temp went down to -3*C last night and the plants that have sprouted in the garden were looking quite bad this morning, but did perk up somewhat when the sun briefly showed  its face.   

Tonight is my quilting guild meeting, again on Zoom, we have not had an "in person" meeting for a year now.  It's great to see everyone but certainly not the best way to have a meeting.   We were hoping our June dinner meeting would be able to take place but that is looking more and more as if it will not happen.

My eldest daughter told me last evening due to her job  she will be able to get her first vaccination in a weeks time.  That means all three of my children will have had at least one shot, one grand daughter has had one due to her job.  Now need to wait for SIL,s and grands to get theirs.

Diner tonight, the stuffed pasta shells were good last night, just enough left for our dinner tonight.  a big salad, and another piece of lemon cake for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Now that you put that thought in my head I'll be hearing My Way in my head the rest of the day and evening. I was lucky enough to see him live and meet him afterwards as well when I was young.

    Enjoy your dinner and meeting tonight. I hope it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...