Friday, April 02, 2021

Daffodils

 We have a lovely sunny day, not a cloud in the sky but it is cold.  No snow, thank goodness, we had several flurries yesterday, however, it did not lay.  

A couple of days ago I was talking to my neighbour and told her the daffodils in her garden were looking very pretty this year.  Yesterday when the weather was so bad, she called and told me to go over and pick a bunch to bring in the house, as they would be whipped to shreds by the wind.  She has two different shades of yellow and they look lovely in the living room,  thank you M.B.

Baking a carrot cake today, it is currently in the oven and smelling nice.  I will let it cool and tomorrow add the cream cheese icing.  I am taking it to my youngest daughter's, she has invited us for dinner.  We were hesitant, but have decided to go.  Our Province in now under lock down, for the month of April.  Not much has changed for us, but stores must restrict the number of people going in even more than they were. Restaurants can only do delivery, pick up or drive through, no in house dining, not even on a patio,  Salons, gyms etc are now closed.   

Not much happening around the house today,  Hubby is working on the slats for his daughter's garden bench.  The iron legs and arms are in good shape, however, the wooden seat and back has been out in the weather much too long.   He is hoping there will be lumber in the stores soon as he wants to start making her shed.  At this point in time it does not look promising. 

Dinner tonight is pizza and a large salad,  not sure what we will have for dessert.  I have some banana bread that should have been eaten a couple of weeks ago, so I am defrosting it, and going to make cake pops with it.  Never made them before so an experiment.  I hate throwing food out that is perfectly good to eat but just looks a little dry, so thought I would try this.  Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. How nice to have some beautiful fresh daffodils thanks to your neighbor. Good luck on those cake pops. I tried that once, never again lol! Wasting food is a huge pet peeve of mine so I can totally relate to trying to salvage it somehow. Enjoy the weekend and Easter at your daughter's home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake pops worked, Hubby said Make them again. So any stale cake will be used up this way.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daffodils are one of my favorite spring flowers. I know you enjoyed y our bouquet from the neighbor. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...