Monday, April 05, 2021

Picnic Time

Yesterday was a lovely day, so nice in fact we decided to have a picnic lunch outside on the patio.  The sun was quite hot and we got a little burnt during the time we sat eating.  Today, lunch in the house,  We did have sunshine earlier, however, it has now clouded over and we could get some showers apparently.  Actually, we could do with some, as the ground is getting quite dry.

I did finished cleaning out two more cupboards yesterday, and now have a couple more things that are going to new owners in the near future.  The only cupboards needing some cleaning now are the two with food in them, then I can say the kitchen has had a good tidy and clean. 

I have been waiting two week for our vaccination to be fully effective, before I went to the hair salon to have my hair cut, just an extra precaution I was taking.  I would still be wearing a mask as everyone else would be in the salon. The two week time period will be on Wednesday this week, however, as of Saturday, this past weekend, we are now in lockdown again and a lot of retail stores, including salons are now closed until the end of April.   I cannot imagine what my hair will look like after three or more weeks before I get it cut.   It could result in a new hair style.

The roast of beef I cooked yesterday was so tender, we enjoyed it very much.  There is enough left over for dinner tonight,  as well as the riced cauliflower,  another veg and a salad and dinner is taken care of.  There is one piece of carrot cake left so along with some ice cream I think dessert is also decided.  

Not sure what I am going to do today,  I would love to get out in the garden again, but not much point doing anything at the present.  There are some small branches to be picked up, so that is first and foremost before those showers arrived.


2 comments:

  1. Yes, even though you're vaccinated you can carry the virus from one place to another... thus it still being wise to wear a mask when out in public. Oh, to have kitchen cupboards spring cleaned... I admire you. Good job, Pat!! ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed a nice spring picnic lunch, and it's always satisfying to have things cleaned out and tidy. Sorry about the salon but better to be safe if numbers are going up again.

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...