Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Thunder

Yesterday, was a lovely day, albeit quite cloudy in the late afternoon.  During the early evening, the sky became dark and we could hear thunder in the distance, but it did not come any closer.

As it was such a beautiful warm day, we could not resist the urge to get in the convertible with the top down and go for a ride.  This is just about  the only thing we can do at this point in time during the lockdown we are still in.  Farmers were out on their fields with their huge tractors and equipment being pulled behind to break up the earth.  The ground was dry and great clouds of dust were following behind.  The modern tractors have a cab on them, so the operator is protected from the weather and this dust.  The Winter wheat is coming along nicely, the crop does not appear to have been damaged by the snow and cold temperatures of the past season.  At this time of the year a lot of the farmers are using natural  fertilizer (POOP) to augment the soil for the coming season's crop.  I am sure you all know that it smells, cow, chicken and pig poop are terrible when it has been fermenting for a long time.  Sorry too much information?   This is the only downfall of driving in the country with the top down. Ha Ha.

Onward:  Stopped this post for lunch.

We had a few drops of rain, but now the sky is cleared and it is humid, which means we could have more rain and a thunder storm.  As I indicated earlier, the ground is dry and we could do with a good rain.

I finished edging my front garden this morning, it looks so much better when it is straight, neat and tidy.  Now, I am taking it easy, I find the constant motion hard on my shoulder and neck muscles, so do a bit each day.  The only problem with that is when I have finished edging and weeding it is time to start at the beginning of the gardens again.   I don't mind, I need to get my hands dirty and be outside.

Hubby has done his thing with the dandelions again and it looks so much better, now he has gone to his daughters' to help her with her lawn cutting and putting together her garden bench.  She lives alone so needs some help from a stronger person once in a while.

We  have a few dishes of food in the fridge that need to be cleaned up, so I am going to describe tonight's dinner as a buffet.  A little bit of this and little bit of that.




 


 

4 comments:

  1. Glad the weather was nice and warm enough for you to get out for a ride in the convertible! I bet your gardens are looking beautiful. A little buffet sound like a great dinner to me. Have a nice evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gardens have perennials in them at the moment. Will not be able to plant annuls for another month when all risk of frost is over.

      Delete
  2. We get thunderstorms everyday now as it is the inter-monsoon season. The thunder is LOUD and the lightning frightening but I love rainy days. Envy you going for your drive in your convertible with the top down, must be lovely getting the wind. I have the same problem with weeding. When i finish, it is time to start at the top of the garden again. Yep i find it gives an aching lower back but these pesky weeds have immortality

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love leftover buffets! That's been our fare for the last couple suppers. We're getting rain too, Pat, and our earth needs it as well. I'm glad you got the chance to get outside awhile. I have to do a little everyday also. ~Andrea XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...