Saturday, April 03, 2021

Another....Beautiful Day & Lockdown/Stay at Home

 The only good thing I can report so far today, is the weather, it is absolutely gorgeous, the sun is bright and warm, blue sky with not a cloud in sight.   Better take advantage of it because we are to have thunderstorm tonight and tomorrow, then cooler wetter days for a while.

We are also now as of midnight last night, once again, in lockdown and we have been advised to only go out for necessary purchases.  Only essential services are allowed to open albeit with restrictions on the number of people inside the store, and on line ordering and curb side pickup in bein encouraged.  Big box stores are only allowed to sell food, meds and cleaning supplies the rest of the store is cordoned off.  There were long line ups yesterday after the stay home order was issued.   People stocking up on items, so they could avoid the lineups that will be taking place in the coming days.   No toilet paper again! who knows.

I am going to persuade Hubby to take a couple of hours off doing things this afternoon so that we can take advantage of the weather and put the top down on the convertible and go for a ride.  The trees should be showing a bit more green than they were the last time we went out.  I know this is against everything I said in the above paragraph, but we will not be around anyone.  It might be out last chance for a week or so.

On my walk yesterday afternoon, I saw seven deer grazing in the field I was going through, they did not seem to be worried about me going through.  

Not much happening on the estate today, Hubby is putting out the garden hoses, they shouldn't freeze now.  I will get him to cook dinner tonight , steak on the BBQ.   Along with some mushrooms and a salad.  I will also make some turnovers, with fruit inside for dessert, as I have some puff pastry that needs using.






 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the lockdown but I guess better to play it safe. I do hope you get out to enjoy a ride on this beautiful day. Your dinner plan sounds fantastic as always! :)

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...