Friday, March 31, 2023

Where did it go

Last day of March, where did that month go, seems just a couple of weeks ago it was the 1st. of the month. 

Today, is dark, cloudy and very wet.  Rain is forecast for the entire day and possibly tomorrow if the system does not move on as the report has indicated.  Only consolation is, the temps are above the zero and getting warmer for several days next week.   The snow from the brief blizzard has all but gone.

What am I doing today,  not much by the looks of it, so into the sewing studio I go, hope to be able to show you the fabric collage I am in the process of doing.  Instead of making a wall hanging this time, the project is going into a picture frame.  

Delivered the baby quilt yesterday to my sister B, who will forward it on to her grandson's baby.  When I delivered the quilt, sister B said, I should not expect any response from the grandson or his wife for the quit.  Why don't people make the effort to say "Thank You" for a gift?  I am THAT old fashioned!  That makes me wonder, why do I spend hours making something for someone who does not seem to appreciate it and does not have the common curtesy to give any response, let alone a thank you.  So why do I do it?   I want to recognize the birth of a new baby in the family with a gift, making quilts gives me something to do to satisfy my creative nature  and I enjoy doing it.   So, I suck it up and put on my big girl pants.

Had a nice visit with my sister B over a couple cups of tea and some cookies.   When the conversation turned to the subject of politics, it was time to leave, as her ideas and mine are completely different.  It was nice driving home in daylight for a change, then making a stop for a fast food dinner, which was OK, not thrilled with it, as if was the same old stuff just a different day.

Dinner tonight, at this point in time not really sure, as it is Friday, not that it makes any difference to me, it could be salmon,  all depends on what mood I am in to prepare something quick and easy or a little more complicated, either way we will have something to eat.

Have a great day,

Cheers.


2 comments:

  1. Great that you had a nice visit with your sister. I'm amazed that you both have great-grands! I will have to live to 90 (at least) before I can expect to welcome a great-grand kid. My grandkids would be 23, 25 and 27 by then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I married and had my children when I was young. It was hard at the time. Don't regret it, as I was able to do so many things with my grands, now with the great grands.
      You must remember too, I am in my 82nd year.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...