Thursday, March 02, 2023

Two in a row

The sun is up and it looks as if it is going to stay for  the rest of the day.  Tomorrow is another story, as more snow is predicted for us.  

  These sunny days and cool nights make the maple sap start to run.   The TV news has reported the making of syrup has started in the local bushes.  The school children will be able to go on a field trip, if they do that still, to see how the syrup was made back in pioneer times and also how it is processed now.  Not a fan of maple syrup, do you like it?  Also, the thick pancakes are not something I enjoy, give me the thin crepe type with a dusting of sugar and lemon juice rolled up like a jelly roll.  Yummy, a childhood memory.

My cactus to not know if they are Thanksgiving, Christmas or what holiday they belong to, as they are all starting to bloom now.  Pink and Fuchsia ones are out now, the third one has yet to show it's colour.  The amaryllis is finished blooming, now waiting for the leaves to die back and Spring to come, so I can put it out in the garden for the Summer.

My back is feeling better, so good enough to go to our re-scheduled guild meeting tonight, looking forward to that.

Leftover ham for dinner, I am sure I can find something else to go with it.  

Have a great day.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Things are looking up for you, Pat. Hope it stays that way. No sun here and the snowbanks are still huge but I am ever hopeful that Spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your English roots are showing! Thin pancakes with lemon and castor sugar. Such a treat. I do like maple syrup but not the artificial rubbish. I like it with one fluffy pancake and bacon. And maybe some whipped butter. Not every day mind you!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...