Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Well..that's a shock.

 Woke this morning to a nice sunny day with a few clouds and a decent temp, so we did our usual walk in some nice weather.  As the day wore on clouds started to come in and sun disappeared, the wind picked up and it became cold.   Now, at 2:00 p.m. as I write, we have aa full blown blizzard out there.  Within a matter of ten minutes everything is white, the window in the kitchen is fully covered with the blowing  snow.  If this keeps up we will be digging out again, just after all of the previous snow has all but melted.  March going out like a lion, so hope that means April will come in a bit more calm than it is out there today.

Need to pick up a Rx from the drug store and do a couple of errands, they will wait, not going out in this today, it will still be there when the sun shines again, which is tomorrow.  Then on Friday, we can expect rain.

Just finished making reservations at a local restaurant for Saturday, as I am taking my two daughters and hubbies out for an early Easter dinner.

Yesterday, I ordered some flowers, on line, to be delivered to a relative in the UK who's elderly father, my second cousin, has passed away.   Filled out the information, however, could not go any further than my credit card, so did not know if it had gone through or not.   E-mailed the UK store, reply indicated they have all of the information for the flowers to be delivered, however, not my credit card number.  The store then indicated it would send out my order to the recipient on March 28th, and asked for my telephone number, so they could call me to get the card number in order to bill me.   The store is in the UK, I am in Canada, how many stores would process an order without payment, for a customer who lives 3,000 plus miles away.  This store certainly went beyond and above their normal service.

Not much else happening around here so I am going into  my happy place and do some sewing.  The errands I wanted to do involved purchasing some plastic bins to store fabric in but, that will wait, I still have a couple of projects to work on to fill my time.

Have a great day.


Cheers.



4 comments:

  1. The squall arrived here around 3:30 and the temperature plummeted in about 5 minutes. Weird! That is good service from the flower shop. Enjoy your Easter meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that was the last of snow, so tired of it this Winter.

      Delete
  2. It blew in and out of here quite quickly. No snow to speak of but the wind is wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have snow on the ground from that squall.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...