Saturday, March 04, 2023

A Dumping

Woke this morning to about 5 inches of wet snow.

Last night, we had thunder and lightening and snow, I have seen that before, strange weather we are having.  

The university students who live  next door built an igloo, perfect snow for that, as well as snow men the snow clumps together when it is wet  I use to do that with my children, when we had the perfect snow, now just happy to look out the window and watch someone else do it. 

Hubby has cleared off the driveway, and the sun is now shining with a temp of 5*C, so hopefully we will be rid of this soon.

Got quite a lot done on the baby quilt I am doing, and I noticed today my grand daughter in law posted a photo of their daughter reading a book titled, " I am a big Sister", my grandson told me a couple of weeks ago they were expecting another child, now everyone else knows too.  Looks as if another baby quilt will be under the sewing machine needle soon.   They want to know the sex of this baby, so they can either keep the girl clothes or get rid of them.   

Laundry washed, dried and put away, bathrooms cleaned, floor in the bathrooms and kitchen washed.  My back is feeling a lot better, do not intend to over do it any more today.   All the other work will still be there, it's not going anywhere soon.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my Mother passing in 2019, when the weather breaks I will visit her and Dad's grave to place flowers on it.  The cemetery where they are buried is about 60 kms. from where I live and at this time of the year we cannot rely on the weather being good from here to there, so do not want to take any chance of being stuck in snow or worse.    

Going out for dinner tonight, a new restaurant, let you know tomorrow if we will be going back in the future.

Have a great day.


Cheers.



2 comments:

  1. Your mum must have been a good age when she passed. I can't imagine having great-great grands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be 80 when my eldest grandchild is 20. I doubt I will see great grands. Dinner out sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...