Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Old Mother Hubbard

 Went to her cupboard..............and now it is full as well as the fridge, she now has food for another week.   We got groceries today, a Tuesday ritual, why Tuesday, I have no idea.   Could be in the past, the B B Q chickens were on sale on Tuesdays, not any more.  Did get a break on a few things that we normally buy, as they were on sale.   Cheerio's  was one of the sale items, I really do not understand the  logic but, the large family size, which is quite a large box, was on sale for $5.49, the small I  will call it the regular size was also on sale for $5.89.   Why would anyone buy a small box when you can get twice as much cereal for less money.   I am sure the powers that be have an explanation.   What day do you usually get your weekly groceries?

Windy and cold feeling like -13*C today, so tired of Winter, weather man indicated it will warm up later this week with rain.  Just warm up enough to get rid of this snow and I would be happy.

Need to do a couple of errands today, printer ink, and also see if the sewing machine store is open today.

Dinner tonight is chicken, asparagus and some rice.   

Have a great day.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I`ve noticed the same thing with grocery prices, Pat. My big beef is milk - I can`t get through a big carton before it expires but the small one is only slightly cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...