Friday, October 01, 2021

Eyes and nose

 Yesterday Hubby and I both had appointments with our eye surgeon, Hubby for a checkup and Rx renewal and me for my six month checkup from my cataract surgery.  We had to travel out of town so left early as it was an hour and half drive to where we had to go.   Doctors are as slow as molasses in January, so our 11:30 a.m. appointment did not even start until after noon with us both getting out of the building after 1:00 p.m.  Lunch as we were starving and then on to visit Hubby's sister A who was just off the route we needed to go home.  We had a nice visit outside on her patio.   She currently has one of her daughters plus three grandchildren living with her so it was nice for her to talk to someone else for a change.  We arrived home too late for dinner at home so made a quick trip to the drive through for burgers and fries.  Lovely weather for our journey, but also, too cool to take the convertible.  We had an enjoyable day, Ok's from the Dr. visit with family and a meal I did not need to think about or prepare.

That takes care of the EYE part of my title, now we come to the NOSE.   Believe me I am not a pretty sight at the present time, and  I am glad we wear masks out in public, so no one can see the lower half of my face. So...what did I do.   Well......our garage is about two inches above the driveway and it has a cement floor, we have ramps so we can drive our cars inside.   I was wearing flip flops, (note to self, DO NOT WEAR FLIP FLOPS)  I was carrying some small branches and a pair of scissors, my reading glasses were on the top of my head.   I was breaking the branches in small pieces so that they would fit into the garden trash bags and not looking where I was going.   I tripped, either on the lip of the floor or the ramp, and fell......flat on my nose and face on the cement floor.   I guess I need to say no more, you can just imagine the mess I was in and really still in and I won't go into the ugle details.  At the present time I have a black eye, scabs all down my nose, cut upper and lower lips, scraps on my cheek and chin.  I am very lucky, no broken bones or teeth.   My shoulders are stiff and sore, as I must have tried to save myself.......It didn't work.   

On a happier note, today is my eldest daughters birthday, she is 59 years old.   I remember the day she was born.   Here in Canada we have Thanksgiving holiday in early October and I was having family over for an early Thanksgiving dinner as I knew I might not be around for dinner on the actual day and I was making pies.   All through the early contractions, I made those pies, and even got to sit down for dinner, but could not stay for those pies I was making.     B was born in the early evening hours.

We have another lovely day but it is cool due to a brisk wind.  The night time low temps are now in the single digits, so it takes the sun a long time to warm up the air.  Still hope for at least one more day when we can comfortably go for another ride in the convertible before it goes into storage for the Winter.  

Hubby and I have been absolutely lazy  today, tomorrow I have errands to do.

Dinner tonight, not sure yet, as I just noted I am lazy today, so haven't even thought about dinner, so should get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...