Friday, October 08, 2021

Long Holiday Weekend

 Going to pick up some of the last minute items needed for the weekend after we have had our lunch, the grocery store will be like a made house tomorrow and Sunday.   Only need some fresh veg, herbs and dinner rolls so it will be a quick in an out again.

Over night we had rain, and at the present time it is foggy and is suppose to be that way for most of the day.   It certainly is not cold which is a blessing.

The housework that did not get done yesterday will be taken care of today, I cleaned out and organized my cupboards of food.   There were some things in them that needed to be used up soon as the best before date is a bit overdue.    I don't throw things out just because they are past that date,  but I do use them as soon as I can.   These are things in cans and boxes, not meat or frozen products.   Do you use  things after the best before date?   What did we do prior to this information being put on everything?   I remember my Mother would cut off the mouldy bits off the block of cheese and we would still eat what was left.  

Reader: A.....  Thanks for the information regarding doing an open house, we had, in fact, discussed doing that for next year.  The more I think about it the better it sounds.

Dinner tonight is salman veg and salad.  I made jelly with fruit yesterday and there is still some of it left.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I hate throwing things out. I will freeze bread for crumbs; make soup with ageing veges and having two large dogs means that very little indeed gets wasted. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am notorious for letting things go way, way past Best By dates! I end up having to throw out heaps of things! Such a waste. Now I try to keep the pantry less stocked up, so I do use things before their use by date.

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...