Saturday, October 16, 2021

Missing in Action

 It has been a busy two days, so no time to chat with you, however, I am now back on duty, so to speak.

Friday, I did some gardening and errands, that kept me busy for the biggest part of the day, by the time it got around to do anything else, dinner was being prepared and honestly I was just too tired to do much else.

Saturday, we slept in a bit and then all of the regular housework things needed to be done and  I then needed to get prepping the dinner as  we were having seven of my family over for a late Thanksgiving meal.   No turkey this time, a nice roast of beef, potatoes, gravy, broccoli, carrots, green beans and rolls.   Dessert was still leftovers from previous times we have had  people over.  I did make fruit in jelly,  along with carrot cake, lemon cake, peanut butter cookies and chocolate bark.   Very few leftovers which was just fine with me. We had a great time,  with everyone leaving shortly after nine.   

This would be the only time part of my family would be seeing Hubby for a while, and as it is his birthday  on Wed. I put candles on the pieces of cake and one in the jelly for him.   It was a big surprise for him as he thought were celebrating someone else's birthday.  Made him feel good that my family recognized this milestone b-day.   His family has not in the past done anything in the time I have been here, so not sure what they are planning, if anything.  

Previously I believe I have mentioned Hubby  is mild diabetic and is now on a once a day med.  his Dr. also suggested he lose a bit of weight, not that he is fat or anything, just the opposite, however, he does have a belly.  Following the Dr's orders I have been cooking meals that are more healthy than I have done previously and we are eating a bit less.   Jumping on the bathroom scales this morning, even with Thanksgiving meals twice, we have done very well and both lost some poundage.

It rained cats and dogs yesterday, but it was not cold thank goodness.  Today, still cloudy with the threat of rain ever present, cooler and windy.   Indoor day for me and I think it is going to be a day for ME.  What I am planning to do after the laundry is done, is some sewing as I need to get four blocks made for our quilting group.  Also, some bowl cosies for Christmas gifts.  Then I will add to my memoirs I am writing.  

Lunch is homemade turkey soup, dinner, leftover beef, a few potatoes, brussel sprouts, and a salad.   There is one jelly and fruit left over and I have some applesauce.   Dinner solved.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...