Saturday, October 23, 2021

Autumn Days

The cloudy grey skies, cold temperatures, plants in the garden ready for a long Winter nap and the leaves starting to change colour and fall, Autumn days are here.   Having said that there are a lot of trees especially in our area that have yet to start changing colour.  We will be picking them up way into November, I can see me dressed very warmly on the tractor.  The first year I helped Hubby with the leaves,  there was a light rain and I did not have a raincoat that was suitable for the work I was doing, so Hubby made me one.   A green garbage bag, I did look a sight, muffs to protect my ears from the noise, bundled up in outerwear to keep warm, boots and my fashionable raincoat.  Now I am appropriately dressed for the task. 

DD 1 and Sil's wedding anniversary this coming week, they are leaving today for a vacation at a lodge in northern Ontario, hoped they packed some warm clothes.   Their wedding photos show a lot of colourful leaves, so again, they are late turning this year.

I will be bringing in the geranium plants I want to over Winter in the foyer down stairs, they are a beautiful shade of pink and I took cuttings early in September, so they have had a good start outside for almost two months.  This I have done for several years now and it all started with only one plant.  

Started a "one block wonder" quilt yesterday, I had some fabric given to me, it is not what I would buy, way out of my comfort zone for sure, I would call it almost "ugly".  Having put some of the blocks together it is going to look a lot better than it did when it was a whole piece of fabric.  When my daughters were here for Thanksgiving dinner, I used some bowl cosies, they thought they were such a good idea, so making some for Christmas gifts for them and possibly other members of the family too.

Laundry currently swishing around in the washer, another load to go in shortly.

Dinner tonight, ham, squash salad, not sure what will be for desert.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Always nice to have something with apples for dessert at this time of year. I think that's what I'll do tonight. Squash salad sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry..there should have been a comma after the squash.

      Delete
  2. Squash salad sounds so good, Pat. Maybe you could share the recipe sometime? ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No recipe coming, there should have been a comma in there, but you never know I may come up with something in the future.

      Delete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...