Monday, October 11, 2021

Thanksgiving in Canada

 I have much to be thankful for.   I have my health and everyone I love does also.   I have a roof over my head and food in my cupboards.   I have  money,  so that I don't need to scrimp and save, and enough left over to invest and also give to charities.

My 23 year old granddaughter and her boyfriend for coming to visit us yesterday, and were in a minor car accident. no injuries to anyone involved, but the cars all sustained some damage.  I am thankful we were able to help them to get to the accident reporting station, and calm them down with a cup of tea.   Upon checking with them this morning they have no aches or pains from the collision.   Unfortunately, another granddaughter was bringing her family over for a visit too, however, that had to be cancelled for obvious reason.   

Also thankful for the beautiful sunshine and temps above 24*C.   

Dinner.....well it has to be turkey with all the trimmings,  dressing, mashed potatoes, squash, peas, corn, rolls, gravy and cranberry sauce.   Carrot cake and Hubby's daughter is bringing cupcakes, so we can add some ice cream to them.  

After dinner we welcome my son and DIL for the night and breakfast.

A full couple of days for sure.

Would not have it any other way.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Canadian readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...