Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Phew ..that was a busy day

 I was crying yesterday morning.......onions do that, as I was preparing the dressing along with the 
Rosemary, Thyme and sage.    Hubby stuffed the bird and in the oven it went, smelling so good once the heat started to do its magic.   

Hubby's family were out guests for dinner ( is was really good, even if I do say so myself) last evening and it was his daughters (K) birthday also, so we had a good time.   She had made some chocolate cupcakes, they were so good.   

My son and DIL arrived just before nine and we visited with them until well after midnight as we had not seen them for months.  They stayed for the night. We finally laid our heads down at 1:00 a.m.

We were up at 7:45 a.m. preparing breakfast and chatting again, until they needed to get back on the road to pick up their dog from the kennel.   

This afternoon I am taking a few minutes to chat with my blogger friends and then I should go and get our weekly groceries as we normally do on Tuesdays.......it is Tuesday isn't it?   This week is going to be all mixed up I won't know what day it is for at least the balance of this week. 

The sun was shining when we first got up, clouds rolled in and we had a heavy shower, no it is cloudy and quite windy.  Which is bring down some of the leaves that have change colour already.   

Dinner tonight is easy.......leftovers.   


2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you had such a beautiful Thanksgiving yesterday, Pat. I've hosted Thanksgiving for 9 people for many years now and have the food prep down to a science. I prepare the turkey a couple days beforehand, boning it afterward and mixing it with the gravy. The morning of Thanksgiving I put the meat w/ gravy into the crockpot and it's served that way at meal time. I make the stuffing, cranberry salad, and jello salad the day before Thanksgiving... and then the mashed potatoes, 7-layer salad, and green bean casserole the morning of Thanksgiving. Everything runs like a well-oiled machine after so many years of doing it. I usually send the majority of leftovers home with our adult marrieds but usually there's a little bit left over for us too. To be honest, by the time I'm done fiddling with the whole thing I never want to see turkey & trimmings again for another year. *haha* ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. How lovely to see so many family members.

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...