Tuesday, October 26, 2021

I now have feet webbed feet.

 I am becoming a duck with webbed feet because we have had so much rain during the past week.  Not all at once to cause flooding but, rain every day which makes things soggy with puddles and mud everywhere.   Only glad of one thing......we don't have to shovel rain.  Because the air is so damp it feels very cold, the cold that seeps into your bones and is hard to get warmed up.

We had a quiet day yesterday, I brought in my plants to over Winter, so that is one thing crossed off my list.  I still have things which need doing outside, but unable to do at the present time.  Hubby is still waiting for the part for his tractor, so he can repair it and pick up the leaves that have fallen.  Obviously, he be doing that until the ground dries up a little.

If DD1 and SIL are having the same weather as we are their vacation will not be very pleasant.  It is their anniversary tomorrow,  so they will have a lovely dinner to celebrate I am sure.

Going to make a pot of chili in the slow cooker when I have finished talking to you.  A nice "stick to the ribs" dinner for a cold damp day.

Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Our rain (Nor'easter) is coming this week. And of course, we have to be glad it isn't snow!!! Or the tornadoes, in other parts, of my US.

    Your dinner sounds perfect for a cold and rainy day! Plus, bet there will be leftovers. -smile-

    🎃 👻 🍬 🎃 👻 🍬 🎃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I have felt chilled all day and have the gas fire on tonight. Please set a place at your table for me - I love chili and am just down the road from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you Chris?
      It's leftovers tonight.

      Delete
    2. Scarborough - not really that close I guess but near enough to claim you as a neighbour!

      Delete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...