Thursday, October 07, 2021

Family time

 Foggy when we got up this morning and it has just started to lift at 10:30 a.m. it is forecast to be a warm humid day today, we shall see.   The forecast for yesterday did not happen, so wondering what the final result will be today.

Lining up family time for two combined families is almost an impossibility.   I don't even try to get all of my grands and great grands together on holidays any more, just too many people.   If Covid settles down next Summer and I am able to we will have a picnic.  So back to the present..... Granddaughter K and he boyfriend I are coming over on Sunday for a visit, she lives in Ottawa studying for her Masters and he works for the Government.  Have not seen either one of them for a long time.   Then sometime this weekend will be going over to another granddaughter's house to give g granddaughter a birthday gift.    Monday, Hubby's family will be here for dinner and my son and DIL will be here for the night and breakfast.  Friday next week my two daughters and two grands and  a boyfriend will be here for dinner.  Then Hubby is having a milestone birthday of 80 years on October 20.  I want to do something for him, his family has not even mentioned anything, so don't know if they are planning anything or not.   Still have some time to decide.  Then I will just relax, until Christmas time.    Thinking it is getting to be that time to make some changes in our holidays in the future.

So what am I doing today, need to get the vacuum out and dust.   I should get out in the garden to pull a few weeds from the front flower bed, but want to wait until I see the Dr. tomorrow.  I finally decided I should see him regarding my fall and the pain I still have in my nose.  Wondering now if I broke it.   

I did get to do some sewing yesterday and made a bowl cosy, want to make a couple more, and thinking  they may make a nice little gift for my grands for Christmas,  Will see how they go over when people are here for the up coming dinners.

So now I should get myself moving and think about dinner for tonight.

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends years ago told me how she handles Christmas with her family. She said she picks a day close to Christmas... usually a weekend day... and she has an "open house". She makes a big pot of chili and has all the fixings for sandwiches: cold cuts, cheese, a couple different kinds of bread, condiments, etc. and of course the traditional Christmas cookies are set out also. Then she lets the extended family come & go as they wish on that day. She said usually one bunch leaves and another arrives soon after. They open their gifts while there and visit awhile before leaving. She said it's a revolving door pretty much all day, from 11am until roughly 6pm. Those that can't make it don't come and those who do can come when it's convenient for them. No pressure. So maybe this is something that might interest you too, Pat? I just thought I'd mention.

    Our kids & grands always want to be together and they always want to be here at our place. But the adult kids were always very close as children because we homeschooled, etc. so... that desire never changed even once they grew & got married. I can't imagine what it would be like for you in trying to battle to get everyone together, when the desire isn't there. You can only do so much, my dear, and the rest is for them to want to do. Try an open house and see if that works for you. It sure worked for my friend... for many years. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Out of town

After a lovely weekend of a birthday party and a Mother's day tea, I am still on the move. After being advised on Saturday, my new ride ...