Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Blue skies smiling at me

 Another lovely day, bright sunshine and the bluest of blue skies.  Not too awfully warm yet, but it is early in the day.

Yesterday Hubby drove me to pick up my quilts, again it was a lovely day, so the convertible came out of the garage.  In fact it was so nice, when the errand was done, we just kept on driving, nowhere in particular just went.   When we could feel the sun was losing its heat,  we headed for home, arriving in the driveway the clock read 5:45 p.m.  Late dinner, but that was OK, we had a lovely afternoon.

One of my readers asked me about freezing things.   There is only the two of us, so when I bake I freeze a lot of it, so our waist line does not get big and we don't get tired of the same thing.  Currently in my freezer there is carrot cake and lemon cake,  of which, two pieces are put in individual containers.   Peanut butter cookies are in a tin.  I also buy lemon meringue pies when they are on special,  obviously they are not as good as homemade but, I can't make them for the price they sell them for.  I cut them im serving size portions in the containers in which I bought them and take out what I need when required.  Also, have bread, buns, butter and of course meat and fish, all in additional wrapping to prevent freezer burn.  I also make cupcakes and place them in containers, the paper wrappers keep them separated for easy removal for quick dessert or snack.  There is also ice cream to go with all of these goodies.  I freeze stews, no potatoes because I do not like the texture of them when they thaw.   Homemade soups and if there is any left stuffing from the turkey, I nuke it with a couple of teaspoons of  chicken stock to keep it moist.  These things work for me, but you should make your own decisions regarding what you do or do not freeze.

I also try to have recipes on hand or some that are on the web, which only serve two or four portions, ie: crumbles and crisps 

Tuesday, so that means it chicken day and I may just pull something out of the freezer for dessert.

Chat tomorrow


 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the freezing information. I shall experiment. Sounds like you are experiencing a lovely Autumn as we are heading into summer.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...