Friday, September 10, 2021

What will I be doing today?

First thing on the agenda is to get my arse moving, but here I am writing to all of you instead.   Then...I need to do some housework not real heavy stuff, just the vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms etc.   I should go for my walk this afternoon, did not get to do that yesterday or the day before. So decided I would walk for two days then have two days off until I get myself built up a bit to walk every day.   Do not want to over do it at first and have a sore hip again.    

I write lists as I like to be organized and prepared, so  on the list not necessarily in the order of jobs to be done.   Weeding and moving some plants to other locations, plus I want to move some small pavers to relocate a path through the lower flower bed in the back garden.   Hose down the front porch as the nuts are falling from the copper beech tree and blowing on the porch, there are also some spider webs to wash away too.   Finish hand sewing the binding on the quilt  I am currently doing.     

On Tuesday next week I have a Facetime scheduled with a second cousin in the UK, he will be 90 years old and on that day his family is having a "bash" for him. He came to Canada for my Mother's 100th a few years ago, I would have liked to be there for his birthday, but can't do that.  I have sent him a gift basket of goodies.....thank you internet.  It is great to sit in my arm chair, order a gift and have it delivered on the day of my choosing.   Then look  in horror, at the Visa bill when in comes in.   Ha Ha.

On the 23rd of this month my quilting guild is having an outside meeting, just hoping it is not too cold.  We have decided to have it an hour earlier than we normally do as the nights are drawing in quickly.   Then we need to decided how we will conduct future monthly meetings.

Hubby's sister in law passed away a few months ago and on the 24th of this month the family is going to scatter her ashes.  Hubby volunteered to host the lunch afterwards, (Hubby's  do that). I need to make a list of the things needed for that.   Thinking rolls with a variety of meats and cheeses, pickles etc. and I am making a carrot cake and peanut butter cookies, I checked to see if anyone has an allergy to nuts, the answer was no so that is all taken care of.  Tea, coffee, juice and water for beverages.  Simple with not much preparation.

I am tired already haven't even started  my day.

Being Friday it's fish day, with the usual veg etc.  must think about dessert.

Have a great day, no matter what you do or do not do.

.   

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the internet is a wonderful tool for sending gifts when we ourselves can't be there in-person. But oh the "sticker shock" when the bill comes. I feel your pain, Pat! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no such plans! LOL And am amazed at your 'gumption', to make such. Hooooray for you!!!!!!!

    🍁 πŸ‚πŸ‚ 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am a list person. I even make lists of the lists I need to make. After reading about your planned day I'm exhausted!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...