Monday, September 13, 2021

Thunder and lightening

The grey skies we had yesterday produced a thunderstorm last night around 10:00 p.m.  and it was still going on two hours later.   When looking at the rain gauge this morning we had more than a 1/2 inch of rain.  The forecast for today and tomorrow is more of the same.   Later in the week we will have sunshine and warmer temps.

Yesterday, was a lazy day, did some sewing and we watched the tennis, which lasted quite a long time, so that meant we had a late dinner, which was OK as we were not going anywhere.  Now  as I write it has started to rain again, so it is an indoor day, which is fine with me lots to do in the house.  The garden will wait until we have a drier day.  This rain should make it easier for me to do the moving of plants later in the week.  We did take a few bags of garden waste to the recycle depot yesterday.   While we are depositing our waste I always look for plants other people have thrown away, most of the plants in my garden are either from friends, family or the depot.  They get some loving care from me and survive,  I save them from becoming compost and I enjoy them in my garden for many years.   One day they will more than likely end up as compost but for now they are at my house.

I asked granddaughters and great grands how their first week of school was, GD said it went well and she has a lot of work to do.  GG's, two of them are in Jr. and Sr. Kindergarten and didn't like the separation from Mum on the first couple of days but as the week ended they were getting better.  The two eldest were excited to see their friends and so far have had no homework.  I am sure the teachers are assessing what the children learnt  or did not learn during last year's at home school, once that is done they will start doing some catch up.   Other GD is likely too busy to reply as I have not heard from her yet.

Tomorrow I have a Facetime visit with relatives in the UK, looking forward to that as I will meet some family members I have never met before and renew meeting some I have had the opportunity to meet several times.

Dinner tonight, some of the ham which is still left, corn on the cop and salad.  Will retrieve some lemon cake out of the freezer for dessert.

What is on the menu at your house today?


3 comments:

  1. Your gardening sounds delightful. I am not a good gardener but wish I was. I put it down to growing up in an apartment with no horticultural influences. Also 2 large dogs who love digging make things a bit of a challenge. Last night we had haystacks (taco mince on corn chips with the taco trimmings) and tonight will be a beef rendang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is beef rendang? The haystacks sound interesting, easier to eat than the hard taco shells.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...