Thursday, September 16, 2021

Don't know what I will be up to today

 Finally, at 10:00 a.m. the sun has started to shine, it was very cloudy when we got up and expected another cloudy and cool day, just the opposite of what the forecast was on the news last night.  There is a very heavy dew again this morning which takes a long time to dry when there is no sun.  

Hubby's newer convertible would not start, so a call to the towing company to take it to our garage man to see what the problem is.   The tow truck arrived at the time indicated in the phone call, he was here for over an hour getting the car hooked up.  Very through driver, and now wonder how many pickup he does during a day, if he takes this long for a simple tow.   Can't fault him though, he did everything right.

Now that convertible is out of the garage I will give it a good sweep to get rid of those nuts and leaves that always blow into the open doors.  

I got all of the entries ready to take tomorrow for the quilt show, so happy that is done.  Now need to make one more block for our meeting next week.  There is also blocks laid out on the spare bed, just waiting for me to sew them together.  I should at least get the row done, label them, and move it to my sewing room.   The bed and floor are the only spaces big enough for me to lay the blocks out in the design I want to do.  I do not have a wall big enough for a design wall, so this is the next best thing.

Update

Well I guess I did know what I was going to do, I vacuumed the two car garage floor and tidied it up a bit and then cleaned the windows at the front door and also washed the porch floor, the chair and fluffed up the pillow.    

Very disappointed with dinner,  meat balls, mushrooms in mushroom soup with fettuccine noodles, not impressed with myself with this one.  Even Hubby said it was not like the others I had cooked the same way.  In the other meals I had used alfredo sauce, so lesson learned.

 Sitting down for a few minutes outside on the balcony, the breeze is cool but at least there are no wasps.  We have had a lot of those this month.

Well going to browse the internet, talk to you tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Do you make your own meatballs? Such a shame when recipes don't turn out as we'd hoped.
    I can't wait to hear all about the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...