Monday, September 27, 2021

Better day all around

Yes, today is Monday and it is a better day, me and the weather are feeling and looking better.  

We had a very lazy Sunday, they seem to be getting more frequent these days, hate to think what it is going to be like during the miserable Winter months.  Will need to consciously make ourselves do more.  So what did we do that made us lazy, we watched the Ryder Cup golf and then some football.  Maybe I needed that to get me back on track .

Late last week I contacted one of my granddaughters "D" as one of my great granddaughters "M" is having a birthday on Oct 5th. and needed to know the size of clothes she is now wearing and what is she in need of.  Today I received her reply, and along with it she wrote----" Cian, (this is his first year in Sr Kindergarten) has been climbing the fence to come home, and the teacher chases after him, but he is not doing that any more.  That teacher has quit already".   It cannot be easy for the children or the teachers as the school year has not been "normal" for a year and a half.   Feel sorry for all of them, teaching is not a job to do and the best of times, let alone now.    Hubby was a teacher in a elementary school, and even then he said it was not easy.

The quilt show was a success and I understand from one of the guild members, my Cardinal received a lot of favourable comments.  That makes all the work worthwhile, having someone appreciate all the work that goes into a piece.   I pick them up this afternoon.   

Dinner tonight, salmon, mushrooms, not sure what else.  That's a good start, I have lemon cake, carrot cake, peanut butter cookies, fruit and numerous other dessert options, so no need to make anything more until some of the things in the freezer are getting low.

So that is for me today, have a wonderful day, no matter what you are or are not doing.

1 comment:

  1. I had a giggle at the little escapee. Teaching is certainly not for the faint hearted. Do you freeze the cookies? I love baking but with only two of us it is kind to the waist line! If I knew I could freeze more I would bake more.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...