Thursday, September 02, 2021

They are moving in

I believe I have mentioned previously that we live near a big University, so a great number of the homes in this area are purchased by people either from out of town or in another location in the city.   Some people living here rent out rooms in their homes too.   Hubby used to do that years ago but, not any more.   The house next door to us is going to be occupied by four students studying law. Yes, we do have the owners name and phone number if there are any problems.   As my heading states, this is the weekend the majority of the students arrive, some to the university's residence, others in the homes just as I mentioned.   It is going to be almost back to normal, with students walking or riding their bikes, e-scooters and e-skateboards, going past the house.  There will be orientations  being held this weekend and every day next week.   

My youngest granddaughter will be missing out of all of this fun, as she will be doing her first semester at home via the net.   She cannot go to the campus as it is over 200 miles away.   Hopefully, for the second semester, she will be able to go into residence and in class studies.

Yesterday we had an errand to do out of town and it was a perfect day to take the old convertible.  the errand took most of the afternoon, so before we started to travel home and in the area we decided to visit Hubby's sister who lives close to the shore of Lake Erie, however, she was not at home.  Decided it was time for some dinner so we went to a restaurant which was located on an inner bay of the lake, we sat on the dock side of the patio.   After the signing in etc. at now at our table we were given the menus and a tray which held all of the condiments, cutlery, etc.   Then we were handed a fly swatter, the yellow jackets (wasps) were quite annoying.   We had a nice meal and then decided to see if the sister was home, but no, so we headed for home.  We got a lot accomplished and had a lovely time doing it.

Today I went to the dentist for a cleaning,  at least this time they did not charge me $8.00 for the PPE, however, the invoice was still high.  I am lucky I have all but two of my own teeth and no cavities, plus I have a dental plan that cover 90% of the cost.

Not much done at home today, only dinner, which was meat loaf which I had frozen a couple of weeks ago, brussel sprouts and a salad.   Took the easy way out for dessert and had a pudding cup and a cookie.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love that you get a fly swat with the condiments. Not so much that they charged you for PPE in the past. How lovely to be able to get out again and enjoy the lovely weather. I am a tad envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfectly lovely day you had, Pat. Good luck with the new "neighbors". I would not do well in a university town and especially would not do well with students as neighbors. You must have the patience of Job. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what my Mother used to say about me, too much patience.

      Delete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...