Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wet is an understatement

Rain started as we were going to bed and the rain gauge this morning indicated we had rain all night, as there was almost 1 3/4 inches in it when I checked it this morning.    It is still coming down in buckets, would not be surprised if we had two inches or more before its all over with.    T'is the season.

Did some gardening yesterday, glad I did as would not be doing it today or even tomorrow.   Moved some small paving stones to make a pathway into a small bench in the back garden, looks nice if I do say so myself.  

What am I up to today,  it is an indoor day, so some housework, carrot cake making and some sewing.    Sewing  !!   I am working on a quilt which is the third time of trying to decided what to do with the blocks,  yesterday, I packed it back into a plastic container......again.   Just not liking it.....again.  So will start on something new and re-visit it again later.   

Had to leave for a while......Hubby wanted to get his convertible from the garage, he was having an issue with getting it started, its repaired, so will drive him to pick it up.   Dropped him off and headed back for home,  phone rang, garage calling....Hubby back at the shop, can I come and get him.    He started for home and still had issues with it......not running as it should even being in the shop for five days.   He forgot to take his cell with him, so had to hail someone down to make the call to the garage for a pick up and then they would send a tow truck to get the car.    Hubby is hoping it is not an expensive fix, as obviously, what they thought was the issue was not.    \Could be the end of a convertible if it is pricey, as it is getting old,  this is not the 1971 convertible,  it is a newer one.  They don't make them as they use to.

Dinner tonight, I do not have any idea, could be pizza and a salad.    Yep that sounds good, and I have llemon cake I can take out of the freezer.    Dinner sorted.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...