Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Brighter...for the time being

 Woke to a sky that really did not know wether to clear for some sunshine or rain, apparently it opted for the first, however, there must still be some high clouds as it is not a very blue sky and the sun is not too bright.  Warmer today, with the forecast indicating thunder storms later in the day.  

Early grocery day to avoid the crowds, it worked out well as we got to the store shortly after it opened.  There seemed to be a lot of new faces working in the store, only two, one in the veg department and another at the cash were faces we have seen many times.

The gift for my second cousins 90th birthday is to be delivered today, his birthday.   I purchased it on line, so hoping it is as nice as it looked on the web site.  We will find out, when we chat with him today via FB.   His family is having a birthday lunch for him with all the trimmings I am sure, (UK's lunch is more like a dinner).  We have arranged a time due to the difference of five hours in time,  so they are calling at 6:30 p.m. their time, 1:30p.m. my time.

 Need to finish sewing the binding on the quilt today, got a lot of it done yesterday when it was too wet to do anything outside.

Sept 20th is voting day here, but we decided to vote last night at the early voting location, due to the expected crowds on the 20th.   We walked right in, no lineups and out within minutes.  Now we wait to see who is elected.  So much mud slinging is happening, but that is par for the course.

Being Tuesday, it's chicken night, asparagus and a salad, with take out some cupcakes I have in the freezer for dessert.  Dinner all sorted.












 

3 comments:

  1. Send some of that rain my way, here in Indiana, would you, Pat? We sure could use it! I used to make chicken all the time, years ago, but I hardly make it now. For some reason it has fallen "out of favor" amongst the 3 of us here, for whatever reason. But I used to love it. Enjoy! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A glorious Spring morning here. I feel that all politicians are the same these days. There is little between their policies and their behaviour is like kindergarten children. I have no idea what we will have tonight. I fancy fish and chips but there are no good fish and chipperies in our 5km zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thunderstorms are great, I love them and sit and watch the huge rain drops crashing down. Also love the smell in the air after a storm, some say it is O3 produced with the lightning and oxygen molecules. We also do our groceries early at 9am to avoid the crowd at the checkout counters. I like to browse a bit but hubby is hurrying me before coronavirus catches me!! Cupcakes sound good for quick dessert, no fuss.

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...