Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Entertainment for today

 As we were preparing our breakfast we saw an  ATV racing around the field across the road from us.  This was very unusual, but thought nothing of  it until a bit later the doorbell rang and there was a young man, asking for a tow as his ATV was stuck.   He looked very grubby as if he had been riding the vehicle in the rain, but he had no shoes on.  Ummm?  usually anyone owning and riding an ATV is dressed appropriately are they not.  Suspicious.   Hubby advised him he was not going to damage his car pulling him nor was he going to use his tractor.   So he left and laid down on the wet ground.  Suspicious.

As we returned from grocery shopping  a short time later, the University Campus Police, followed us to the area where the ATV was.   They had apprehended the young man, we assume because he had only the basic undergarments on, as his track pants and shirt were just outside our driveway.   Yep, you guessed it the ATV was stolen, and the young man is known to the police.   As the vehicle is not on University property the city police are now involved.   Hubby answered a number of questions asked by the police and they are still sitting on the road securing the area.   It is going to be a big job to get the ATV out of the area where it is, so we could see more activity later in the day.

Had my hair cut yesterday, and did a bit of shopping for some odds and ends I needed.

Rain overnight and it still does not look too promising out there right now.  The forecast is a wet week, with it becoming a lot cooler tomorrow, I think our Summer might be done for this year.   

My quilting guild was to have a meeting on Thursday, outside, due to the forecasted weather it has been cancelled and we are back to a Zoom meeting for this month.   Hopefully next month, we will be able to rent a facility to hold our meeting inside.   

Not much else to write about today,  dinner as it is on Tuesday, chicken, fried rice, veg and I made vanilla mousse yesterday, so we have two portions left for tonight.   Dinner sorted.


1 comment:

  1. WOW.... totally suspicious indeed! I wouldn't have helped either but I doubt if I would have said anything possibly inflammatory like your husband did. I wouldn't have told the guy I had equipment to help but that I simply wasn't going to help... you know what I mean. I think I would have said "I'm sorry, I don't have anything that can help you but I'll be happy to call someone for you." and then I would have shut the door & called the authorities to see if they could help him. But it's hard to think of what to say when taken off-guard like that. I'm just always conscious of making "nutso" people angry because you never know what they're going to do. Our weather is rainy too and I'm guessing summer is saying good-bye. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...