Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Taking it easy

Yesterday I worked in the garden all afternoon (when will I learn), so today was a take it easy day, some muscles are not very happy with the jobs they did yesterday.   I  needed to get the binding sewn on my latest quilt by Friday as it will be going into a local quilt show put on by a library in a nearby town  so did that.  It is finished  and also did a short description for the three quilted projects I am entering.  So that is all ready for later this week.  

The video chat did not go as well as we had hoped, just a bit of a hiccup in the UK, however, we did see G and wished him a very happy 90th birthday.  He is very hard of hearing so with all of the chatter and noise in the background he found it difficult to hear everything we said, so we will have another video visit at Christmas time, when it will be only his daughter and him.   The gift that my sister and I sent was very well received and he was pleased with it, so we are happy about that.

We had a  mixed bag of weather today, sun and cloud, it could not make up its mind what it wanted to do.  In any event there was no rain, we have had enough for a while.  It was cool, struggling to get over 22 *C, tomorrow the forecast is looking a bit better.  Not ready for cool weather yet, or never come to that.

Hubby has been repairing a couple of windows and painting them today, he hates painting, so this job has been put down to the bottom of the "to do list" many times,  So today was the day to get it done.

Dinner tonight was the remaining slices of ham, corn on the cob, baked potato, and caesar salad.   We did not have the cupcakes last night, so we had them today.

 Evening post today, so hope you had a great day.

3 comments:

  1. It's a good ache when your muscles tell you you've worked hard. I have almost forgotten what that feels like!
    I am hoping I can convince hubby to make fried rice for dinner tonight. He did steak last night which, as always, was perfect. I should probably start sharing the cooking load again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell hubby, it could be worse with the painting, he could be doing the whole house!!

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...