Friday, September 17, 2021

I can hear Frank

Yes, I can hear Frank singing.....A foggy day in London town,  Had me low and had me down. I viewed the morning with alarm.  

It was foggy this morning, however, it is starting to lift, but no sunshine as promised, warm but quite damp.   We can only hope we can see it brighten up later this morning. The sun hasn't made an appearance for a few days, I need sunshine. 

As the plants start to die back, there is the smell of Autumn, plants that have finished blooming for the year and rotting leaves that have fallen already, a fair number from one of our Maple tree I might add, due to a black tar blight.  It happens every year when it has been a very humid Summer.  Ours is not as badly affected as some we have seen in the area.   My hanging baskets are getting leggy but still full of flowers, 

A few days ago I asked my grand daughter in Ottawa, how her school year is going.  Her reply, good, busy answering questions from students in the lab and also marking lab reports..  Sound like she is busy, but she likes busy.   

My youngest daughter and her Hubby have a wedding anniversary coming up soon, 31 years???? how is that possible.   Those years have just flown by.  I remember the photographer who took the pictures of their wedding.  Not with pleasure but with horror.  He was a coworker of my late husband and I had seen a lot of his work and he did a wonderful job, so we hired him to do their wedding.  You have to remember this was before digital cameras.   Husband brought all of the prints home, and said there is a slight problem......slight!!!! ???    Apparently, coworker used a new piece of equipment that he had never used before.......very few of the photos were usable.   I cried and refused to pay him    Eventually I was persuaded to pay him some, but not the full amount he was asking.   I am so glad that I had my camera and took some photos of the day, so not all was lost.   Another lesson learned, the hard way.  

Dinner tonight, not sure if it will be burgers on the BBQ or salmon.  I made chocolate mousse for dessert last night and have two portions left, so that is all taken care of.

Well must get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...