Sunday, September 05, 2021

We went anyway

Yesterday, was a day where you didn't know if it was going to be warm or cool, wet or dry, so we hummed and harred about going for the drive we had been planning on doing.  Eventually we decided to go after lunch, the temp was above our minimum of 21*C but the sky looked very cloudy.  We had a lovely day, going to the city of Stratford, Ontario.  Because of the name there are a number of live theatres that show Shakespearean plays, however, none are in the theatres now, only a large tented stage is doing live plays.  Also, because of the name there is a river Avon, with paths all around it, swans, ducks, geese, and a number of canoeist, paddle boaters and a small sightseeing craft.   We took a walk, however, remember above I said it was cloudy.....we felt a few rain drops, so made a hasty retreat to put the top up on the car.   As we walked closer to the car,.......yep  it stopped. so we found a bench and sat to watch the world go by, didn't want to risk going further away from the car. 

Stratford is a lovely place, quient shops that sell everything you could ask for, restaurants serving delicious meals, all I must say are very expensive, store and restaurant owners cashing in on the theatre and sightseer crowds.   The number of people was small,  as we are still restricted somewhat.  We looked at all of the beautiful hanging baskets and beds of flowers, did not go into any of the stores, I don't need anything in them anyway, but I do like to window shop.   By this time it was getting close to six o'clock, so we headed for home, and went for take out.  A lovely day.

We had a shower overnight, but this morning is sunny with cloudy periods and the threat of rain  is in the forecast.

Dinner tonight, steak on the BBQ, cauliflower left over from a couple of nights ago, will make a cheese sauce to put on it, a salad and dessert we will use up the left over custard on something, not sure what yet.

I have plans to get into the sewing studio this afternoon, as our guild meeting is approaching and I need to make two blocks for the kids quilts our group is making and also two blocks for our comfort quilts.  All are not complicated blocks so should make up quite quickly.

I potted up some cuttings from my geraniums yesterday, I want them to be outside for the rain and sun before I bring them into the house for the winter.  I have not purchased any in the past few years, and have been lucky to have the ones I pot up  root and grow into some lovely plants.  The colour of them is a coral pink, I am thinking of buying a white one in the Spring, so I can get cuttings from it too for the Summers to come.   

Well that's me for today,  hope the days left for this Labour day weekend are good ones for you. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. Do you bring your geraniums inside to protect them from the cold? Do they like being inside? I have never thought of them as an inside plant but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The geraniums would freeze solid if I left them outside during our Winters, it gets very cold here, it is not unusual for it to be -18*C during the day. If the wind is blowing much colder.
      I keep them in a south facing window, and they do quite well, I don't plant them out in the garden until after the middle of May when all risk of frost is over.
      We have a long, long period of cold weather.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a perfect day on Saturday, Pat, and I hope yesterday and today are just as nice. Happy Labor Day! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Signs

Many years ago, in the area where I live, there battles were fought between, the English and the French, English and U. S, Native people aga...