Tuesday, August 31, 2021

It's Gone

 The thunderstorm we had has cleared the air of the humidity and it's gone and it feels so nice to go out and not feel as if you were hit by a wall of hot air.   It is decidedly cooler today but sunny, so I can see my garden is going to get some much needed attention in the coming days.

This morning we got our groceries, did not get to the store until 10:00 a.m. there were not many people inside, but they were all from the complex of buildings that are home to a lot of elderly people.  I am old, but fortunately, I move around  as if I was a younger person, so found it took a lot longer than normal to get everything we needed due to the canes and walkers these people were using.  I feel sorry they need to go and get their groceries for themselves, they should have someone help them, but they could be the independent tye and want to do it themselves.   Next week we will go as soon as the store opens.

 After groceries we did a number of errands that needed to be done, so most of the day we were out and about.   Not much else done around the estate today. 

Dinner tonight, chicken, asparagus it must be the end of the season where this came from as it was not a nice as what we have had on previous occasions.  I made some rice and sliced up tomatoes.  Dessert was lemon marque pie.

 

1 comment:

  1. I think it's good for people with disabilities to get out & do as much as they can. If they don't, their abilities start waning. Even if it hurts and even if it's a great inconvenience, keep moving and doing and striving... that's my motto. :-) ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...