Tuesday, August 17, 2021

World News

These days I just hate watching the news or reading the paper, nothing positive, just bad stuff everywhere.  If it is not Covid rearing its ugly head again, its forest fires, earthquakes,  powerful storms, and  now  Afghanistan.   

I am safe in my little part of the earth and I hope whoever is reading this is also safe.  

Last night we had a shower and today we have a mix of cloudy skies and some  sun trying to peek through once in awhile.  It is starting to get hot and humid again too.  

Both of us were very busy yesterday,  so we did sleep a little longer than we normally do, so a later start to the day.  We did go and get our groceries, the store is busier than when we use to go for the hour early in the morning.  We also did a lot of errands that have been waiting for us to do, so all in all we did get a lot done this morning.

Hubby has now gone to cut his daughters grass, he did not get there yesterday, as he was getting in his car, it started to rain.  

Not much else going on here at the moment, I need to clean the kitchen floor, and then going into my sewing studio.

Dinner tonight, chicken, veg and a salad.   not sure what we shall have for dessert,  will need to put my thinking cap on.

 

1 comment:

  1. Harrowing times, indeed. I tend to skim the news as I find it all too distressing. It's not fun being locked down AGAIN but at least I can bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is alright in my world. We are safe, we have all we need and our friends and families are safe. My heart aches for those who are going through so many levels of hell.
    We are having a beef rendang for dinner with rice and bok choy. Dessert might be strawberries in jelly. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...