Sunday, August 15, 2021

Cannot think of a title

No... my mind is just a blank, some days I think of something to chat about and other days, ...well it is just like today, nothing comes to mind.

We do have another lovely day weather wise, beautiful blue skies not clouded over by the thick moisture of the humidity.   There is a nice cooling breeze too.   I almost pulled up the blanket last night as I felt cold, but must have fallen asleep without it, as this morning there was only the sheet on me.

Yesterday, I did all of regular household chores, I won't bore you with them, as you are more than likely in the same  position I am.  Not that I am complaining just making a statement.   I really don't mind doing housework,  I just take my time and do a bit each day, that way there really is no need for a Spring cleaning every year.  

 After lunch I tackled some of those weeds and was pleased to get as much done as I did, the flower beds look so much nicer now.  I did make mental notes of where I would like to transplant some of the perennials in that bed, so will wait until they have finished flowering and do that job.

Hubby's daughter lives alone, so we invited her for dinner,  he cooked the burgers and I made a cucumber, tomato and feta cheese salad, and there were enough strawberries left for all of us to have a shortcake each.   We chatted until quite late in the evening, which was nice.

The cherry tomatoes are nearing the end, we have had a lot of them during the past month.  The larger tomatoes have not shown any colour which would indicated no ripening for a few more days, just in time to pick up where the smaller ones have finished.

Have not decided what is for dinner yet, so should soon do that.

We have been without a lands telephone for over 24 hours, so today I got on the computer and made an appointment for a service call to see what the issue is.  Chatting with the man online, he said, I would like to call you....Dah....I said "you can't my phone is not working".   Anyway, we have an appointment for tomorrow.  I then needed to answer some Covid questions, so that there staff are save in our home which I can understand, but it appeared he was reluctant to answer my question, which was,  "Is the technician visiting our home fully vaccinated?"   I wanted to be sure that we were protected too, not just the telephone staff.    He did say the person is.

Have a great day, chat later.


3 comments:

  1. Good on you for asking about the technician's vaccination status.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure the technician wears a mask anyway, Pat. I don't trust people to say they've been vaccinated unless I see their vaccination card! Hope your phone is back in working order soon. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately we do not have vaccination cards. The Premier of Ontario does not want a separated society???? Meaning.. those that have had the jabs and those that have not. Do not understand his thinking.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...