Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Steamy-------Wings.

 The weather has become hot and very humid again, just as the forecast had predicted, again possible thunder showers is in the forecast later today.  We had none yesterday, which was a blessing, if we had it would be too uncomfortable to do anything outside.   I find the heat bothers me more than it did.

If anyone reading my blog didn't know, I am here to tell you, I am nearing eighty years old.  I am healthy with the aid of blood pressure meds.  I can eat anything without being in distress, I clean my house, kitchen and bathroom floors, on my hands and knees, (in my opinion you cannot clean a floor with a mop).  I cook, garden, walk and maybe do just a bit more daring things that someone my age should not be doing.  But I am OK with that, there will come a time when I cannot do all the things I do now.  So what am I complaining about!   With all this activity I still have those --------Wings.   You know that bit of dangling skin which  I am sure is some fat or slipped muscle  LOL or more precisely, so muscle at all,  that is under your arm near the armpit.   I was doing something yesterday, and OH my goodness, it appeared as if I would take flight any minute.  I understand it is a product of many things that I really have no control over, so what am I going to do about it!   I have decided to cover those wings, no more sleeveless tops or dresses unless they are covered with a jacket, sweater or a shawl.   Problem solved.   No one will know except you and me, so don't tell anyone. 

So what are you up to today?  Me,  it is an inside day, so must get in the sewing studio and get some of the UFO's (unfinished objects, in quilting language) done, so that I can start on a new project.  


 I have a lot a small pieces of fabric, too big to throw away so I am cutting it into squares that can be used in scrap quilts.   This is one I made last year, I will not use this pattern again,, but intend to use another one.

Dinner tonight, BBQ ribs,  squash, salad, and chocolate mousse  for dessert.


2 comments:

  1. Ah. The unmentionable wings. Batwings. Nanna arms. Tuck shop lady arms (I have no idea what the poor tuck shop ladies did to deserve this!)
    I admire your floor washing efforts. After a knee replacement and another in the wings (haha) I struggle to get down on hands and knees and then the dodgy back kicks in and I am like a flipped turtle trying to right itself. Not a pretty sight. And I am only 64.
    Do you make your own chocolate mousse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO, homemade mousse comes out of a box, with milk and whipped within an inch of it's life. Low calorie too.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...