Sunday, August 29, 2021

Friday date

 Hubby and I did something on Friday, that we have not been able to do in so many months I can't remember how many.    So what did we do that needs a blog post?...........................We went to see a movie.

The theater we went to is an old one, late husband and I went there many times when we were dating, so it is as old as the hills.   It has been renovated but it is still looking very much the same as it did then, therefore, it is small.   It shows movies not in the big multi screen theaters, no reclining or vibrating seats and no music and dialogue  so loud you cannot hear yourself think.   We purchased our tickets on line and signed in with our names and address etc. everyone was required to wear a mask.  Approximately 20 people in total were in the theater, so the social distancing was no issue.   Masks could be removed to eat popcorn or drink soda, but otherwise had to been worn.

What did we see, you ask......It was a documentary  "Roadrunner"  the life of  the late Anthony Bourdain, the chef and traveller who visited many countries showcasing the food of the area.  I have watched his TV show in the past.   He was a troubled man even though he had successful TV show and wrote many books.  We found it very interesting and enjoyed it and hoping another movie we want to see comes to that theater in the future.

It is very hot and humid again today, feeling like 41* C later today.   We heard a thunderstorm pass by us yesterday afternoon, but we only received a brief shower.  The forecast is predicting we could get one sometime today.   

Laundry and housework yesterday, Hubby cut the grass he did not get finished a couple of days ago and proceeded to repair the lawn tractor.  He is outside at the present time finishing that job.  I am hoping it cools down soon as I need to get into the garden and pull some weeds, I cannot do that when it is so hot. 

I am writing this post as I am waiting for a video call from a second cousin in the UK, he will be having  a milestone birthday in a couple of weeks, and we were testing to see if this call would go through OK.    I have called my sister to ask if she would be interested in talking to him on his birthday.

Dinner tonight is burgers on the BBQ have not though about what else.





2 comments:

  1. How lovely you can go to the movies. Even when we're out of lockdown (whenever that may be) it will be a while before I'm confident enough to sit for a couple of hours with a bunch of strangers! I get my second vax today. One step closer to freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you went to the movies, Pat... and it sounds like you did it in a very safe manner. Good for you two! I saw that movie advertised somewhere and thought it looked good. Anthony Bourdain was such a good lookin' fella... it's a shame he was so troubled. Try to keep cool. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...