Monday, August 30, 2021

Lovely visit

I had a great visit with my second cousin G and his daughter  C yesterday, they live in the UK, we talked for almost an hour.   I haven't seen C since 1992, so she has changed a lot.  G was here in Canada for my Mother's 100th birthday, in 2017, just wish I could go to the UK and attend his 90th but, unfortunately that is not going to happen.  Via the web, (what would we do without that, these days) my sister and I are sending him a gift, and I will be visiting again with him on his birthday.    G's son has a rental cottage, and has offered it for us to stay if and when we venture to England in the future.   I would love to pack my bags tomorrow, but!

Yesterday was very hot and humid and around 8:00 p.m. we had a heavy downpour and

 lots of lightning, but little thunder.  It cleared the air somewhat but, today is still a bit muggy.  Tomorrow it is forecast to be cooler, around, 28*C,  with less humidity which is much more comfortable.

Not much else happening around the estate today,  Hubby repaired the lawn tractor yesterday, so that is all ready to cut the grass next time.  I did very little yesterday, I did, however, get into the sewing studio and work on a quilt.  This quilt has been started three times, still not liking it but not going to change anything this time, I just want it finished so that I can go onto something different.

We had burgers on the BBQ and corn on the cob for dinner last night, both were very good.  We have more corn to eat tonight with BBQ ribs.  I made a chocolate mousse last night so two portions are left for tonight, and easy dinner.


1 comment:

  1. It has gotten cooler here in northern-most Indiana too, which is a welcomed change. Your meals sound delicious, Pat. I'm inspired by how much you use your grill. We bought a small gas grill a few years ago and I think we've used it less than half-a-dozen times. I should set out to change that, shouldn't I. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...