Sunday, April 10, 2022

Wishing

Yes, wishing it would warm up, yesterday we woke to a dusting of snow and throughout the morning large flakes were being blown around, thank goodness the ground is warming up and it did not stay.  The balance of the day was  cold and damp.   Today, it is brighter with a mix of sun and cloud, but Hubby still put on his Winter coat when he went out.  Later this week the temps are predicted to be in the low teens, fingers crossed this will be so.

Yesterday, I was lazy, just did the basics around the house, started making the wreath for my sewing room and then we watched the Masters.  Everyone was bundled up in hoodies and long pants, quite different weather compared to when I was there with my son and his family.  That year it was very hot, I even drank cold beer, which I usually don't drink.  We also had their famous pimento cheese sandwich which was OK, don't think I would bother again.  But, had to do it, it's tradition, back then it was, not sure if it is this year.  I wonder if they still have the phone booths, which allowed you to call anywhere in the world ....free.  They really can't be described as being a booth, as all they were, was phones under small roofs.  I called by daughter, her response was "what is wrong, why are you calling"., then I explained.

Today, I best get my rear in gear and do more than yesterday, however, we do intend to watch the Masters final day.  

So with that I am on the move.

Have a great day.  


2 comments:

  1. Good to have a restful day now and again, Pat. Yours sounds busy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...