Saturday, April 23, 2022

Computer says "No"

 I am able to get myself around the "web" and my computer most times.  Not the best, but adequate knowledge of what to do and when.   However, it appears the government and other organizations that have some of your personal information, make it as hard as possible.

 Today I am trying to get on the web site for the health coverage I am enrolled in.  As my past dentist submitted all of my claims electronically, I have had no need of using the paper form to be reimbursed for any and all treatments.   Now the problem is, I have no forms to use to record the information for the first visit I had to my new dentist.   It has been a long time since on was last on this site, so I have forgotten my password info, so I changed it.  Computer says "no".  Tried several times, same answer, so will need to make a phone call on Monday.  I feel so useless sometimes.

Laundry and housework today and now its all done.

Some of my muscles are crying louder today that they have been, a result of all the bending, stretching and lifting.  No gardening work for me today, even though there is still a bit more to do.  It will still be there tomorrow or even the next day.  Can't do much else out there other than tidy up, too early for planting anything.  The back garden is looking better now all the leaves are picked up, in the Autumn I will put some daffodils back there as it looks quite bare at this time of the year and they will add some colour to it.

We must have had a good rain overnight as there were puddles on the driveway, now it is sunny, however, there is a brisk breeze which is making it feel cooler.   I do have several windows open, but now notice the sun has gone from the back of the house, and the breeze does feel a bit fresh.   It is nice to get some new air into the house without the furnace clicking in.   The humidifier is still being used, that should be coming to an end once the heat is no longer needed.

My 24 yr old granddaughter is into politics and is working for one of the candidates in the city where she lives, and he asked her to help him in a press release yesterday.    He is promoting green spaces and less parking lots, less carbon gas etc. etc. in the area which is in his riding and of course the rest of the country.   She spoke on the work she is doing to help keep plants growing and producing food for the populations of the world amongst all of the carbon emissions and all of the land that is being taken over by housing, streets and parking lots.  She did a great job, however, the wind played havoc with the microphones when they were speaking.   

Tomorrow is the start of a run of birthdays in my family,  five all within the next ten days and then my sister and son later in the month.  

Lost all of my ambition now, so will take something out of the freezer for dinner decide what else we will have and then go into the sewing studio and continue organizing my small pieces of fabric into colours.  It is currently in a bit of a mess with blues and yellows and all of the other colours mixed in together which results in me not being able to find anything.   It is going to be a long process.

Better get a move on.  



  



6 comments:

  1. That is wonderful what your granddaughter is doing. Hope her candidate gets elected, we need more of this. Good luck getting your health plan updated, sorry I can't offer any suggestions as I am pretty ignorant about how that whole thing works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to give the health company a call tomorrow, I gave up.

      Delete
  2. I get so frustrated with dealing with government websites. Aches and pains are good. Show that you pushed yourself.
    I hope you enjoyed muddling around in your sewing studio. I find working with fabric and fibre always puts me in a good headspace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pain, no gain they say. Better today.
      Sewing relaxes me, seeing something I made from a piece of fabric me feel good too.

      Delete
  3. I'm resisting doing all that computer stuff as much as possible. I'm heading into Service Ontario on Monday to renew my vehicle registration and all that nonsense that mr. Ford would like us to do online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son has an IT job, it's so easy for him, but me, I am useless at a lot of computer stuff, so refuse to do a lot of it online. Can't teach old dogs new tricks.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...