Friday, April 01, 2022

Mother Nature's April Fool

Yes, she did it again, we woke to snow, not much but snow just the same.  

April 1st.

Birthstone: Diamond.

She who from April dates her years,

Diamond should wear, lest bitter tears,

For vain repentance flow; this stone,

Emblem of innocence is known. 

Anon.

From my birthday book at the beginning of each month there is a page with this information on it.  Nice little verses you don't hear, see or read these days.

Purchased a kettle for my granddaughter C yesterday during a retail therapy trip to the stores.  Nothing else very exciting in my bag, only some make up removal pads, vitamins, grapes and blueberries.  Last of the big spenders, am I not?   I am not really in need of anything, although some new undies should be on my shopping list soon, for myself and for Hubby also.  

Pleased to see the majority of people still wearing masks, as I was, even though the mandate has been lifted.   We have been monitoring ourselves for ten days now, nothing to indicate we have Covid, so I am pleased to say we are clear.

We had home made chinese food for dinner last night and I made enough for us to have again tonight.  Will add some more chicken and mushrooms, along with some white rice this time, dinner all made.

Moving I must, have a great day.


7 comments:

  1. We differ on the mask use thing. Which is fine! We each do as we feel best for ourselves.

    I am so happy to see more and more people, without masks. Since we will never get back to LIVING, while we are living in fear.

    Again, my view. Each person lives, as they feel is best for them.

    🌸🌱🌺 Little Break 🌺🌱🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a nice break, look forward to when you resume telling us about your days.

      Delete
  2. Masks still the norm here too. Another wave seems to be rearing its ugly head! Homemade Chinese food sounds delicious - I'm having sausage rolls (homemade) and baked beans tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good too, give me an idea, I have sausages.

      Delete
  3. IT was a mucky day our way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't know there was a pandemic here. I fear as we head into winter things will go backwards. If not with Covid then a bad flu season as we have been so isolated for the past 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the flu and colds also.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...