Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Glorious

Sunshine all day, so this babe was not staying in the house.   I started by having our picnic lunch outside on the patio.  After we had finished eating, the son "M" of "B" our next door neighbour who died last week , came over to thank Hubby for his help in locating his father's body.  He obviously wanted to talk, as he stay for an hour or more, during which time we were able to learn a lot about his Dad, things we did not know.   

Then I decided to get started on some cleaning up in the garden by removing the leaves that had blown from our neighbours yard, she never picks them up.   Lots of growth needed to be uncovered, worked for two hours then it was time for me to call it a day.  Did not want to over do it for the first time this Spring.   Daffodils are in full bloom and primroses are putting forth more blooms as well.  The grass is greening up, it's amazing how some heat from the sunshine can make things grow almost before your eyes.   Thankfully, this morning I did not have any problems with aching muscles.   I did, however, got sunburst so now have a farmers tan on my arms.   I want to get as much as I can in the garden, before the black flies start to come around.  They bite me and I have huge welts, note to self, make sure you have antihistamine in the medicine cabinet.

Today, we woke to wet ground, and at time of writing this, the weather cannot make u it's mind, big drops of rain one minute and some sun the next.  It is very mild, so I am not complaining.   Rain is forecast for later this afternoon.  I am not outside gardening today, as I plan on not over doing it and making myself unable to do anything.  There is still a lot of work to be done, but there is always tomorrow, and that it what I am planning on doing.

Need to pick up some odds and ends for this weekend's company, so will do that tomorrow.   We have been debating on whether we should have meetings with family but, we have met them all during the past couple of weeks on other occasions, so we think we will be OK,  everyone has had their shots,  so keeping fingers crossed.  

Hubby is pottering, cleaning out the birdhouses for the next tennents coming in soon, housework done for me and now will go and do some work in the sewing room.   As promised this is a photo of the spool wreath I have just finished making.  The spools of thread are all the old wooden ones that were in the sewing basket my Mother used.  The thread is not usable so thought this would be a great way for me to see them every time I go into the sewing studio, instead of them being in a drawer.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. A very colourful wreath to greet you as you enter your sewing room. Very little blooming here - I was hoping some daffodils would be ready to pick for the Easter table but, no such luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have quite a few, shall I send you some. lol

      Delete
  2. I love that wreath. I might check out the local op shops for reels like this and have a go. Not that it will have the sentimental value that yours does.
    Your garden is waking up and mine is waiting to have the annuals pulled and the roses pruned and fed for winter.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...