Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wed....where did Mon and Tues. go.

 Where have the days gone, they just flew by and I have not visited my blog friends.  I am back now.

Last evening I went out with DD1, for dinner, oh my goodness, the prices sure have gone up and servings are so much smaller since I was last at this restaurant we used to go to two years ago.  It was still great to have a meal prepared, served and cleaned up by someone else.  We then made our way to the theatre, showing ID, proof of vaccinations and wearing our masks which was mandatory.  The play "Grow" was about Amish life, and two young women leaving the Amish community to go and experience life outside of theirs in the community.   One of the women was a excellent gardener, and eventually they met up with a crowd of people who were into the "funny weed", the gardener was hired to grow the plants as a young man of questionable character, was not having any luck doing it.  After a lot of problems, one girl decided to return to the Amish way of life, the gardener decided to grow the "weed" in a legal growing operation.

I quite enjoyed it, was not expecting it to be as entertaining as it was.   So a good time was had by all.

Today, we had snow, a cold bitter North wind, temp is suppose to go down to -5*C tonight, what's that all about.  On Sunday we were in our shirt sleeves, today bundled up in Winter gear ..AGAIN.  I am so tired of the cold but, I bet, when it warms up it will be so hot we will be complaining about that.  No, not me give me warmth.

Went out to lunch with a friend I have know for years, it was so nice to catch up with her comings and goings, and she mine.  We were lucky the restaurant did not kick us out as we were there a lot longer than a normal lunch takes...Two hours and 15 minutes we sat.

Tomorrow evening is my quilting guild meeting.  Looking forward to that as we are going on a field trip to a new fabric shop.   $$$ in my pocket.

Hubby started to cut our lawn yesterday, but something punctured a tire, so that put an end to that.   Too cold to even consider doing more today after the tire was put back on after being repaired.

Evening, time for some mindless TV watching.

 

4 comments:

  1. The weekend is looking marvellous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to be busy after all this time. A new fabric shop. That's always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is nice to be able to do things that you like doing. Will need to keep the strings pulled tight on the purse, at the meeting tonight.

      Delete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...