Sunday, April 17, 2022

It's Easter not Christmas

 Why do I say that.......because this morning we woke to snow, everything covered in a heavy dusting of snow.  The sun is now out and is strong enough to be melting it, so hoping it will be all gone in a couple of hours.

We had a lovely visit with my son B's family yesterday at Grandson C, his wife J and their daughter A.'s new to them house.  DIL J is OK, she still is on antibiotics and now has a date for her appendix surgery.  Also there was granddaughter C and her partner  S.  C & J's house is very nice, it's only four years old, so quite modern, but the houses in the subdivision are so close together, not much privacy even though there are fences separating each back garden.  I like the open spaces we have.  They have always lived close to their neighbours, so nothing different for them.

A will be three years old early next month and a very verbal child, being an only child (so far) and going to daycare I am sure helps.  She loves books, a good start for conversations, which she is very good at.

It was so nice to visit with all of them, but as all visits they come to an end much to soon.  Having a lot of hugs this weekend from family members certainly helped me.  Hoping it won't be as long as previously before I get some more.  Hubby's family is coming for dinner today, ham already cooked and sliced, hash brown potato casserole, no potatoes to peel or mash, veg are easy and the rolls are from the grocery store bake shop.   Dessert purchased cheese cake and lemon meringue pie.   I am getting very lazy when it comes to preparing a meal for a large number of people.  Hubby helps, but not his family.  It is almost got to the point where someone needs to do the prep and cleanup.

This coming week is going to be busy for us as it is going to be full of appointments, not that we are ill, but just that they have all come up in one week.

Today is going to be the third day of visiting with family and it has been a lovely two days so far and today will be also.  So nice to be able to actually talk to family face to face.

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday, so matter what your plans are.

4 comments:

  1. You must have loads of energy, Pat! Just one day of getting together with family for me but that was enough! I am so used to being on my own that I find socializing very tiring. Plus I missed my afternoon nap. An early night tonight, I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only cooked for one meal, so not that tiring.
      Naps...no not for me unless I am ill.

      Delete
  2. Nothing wrong with doing things the easy way, especially if you have to do it on your own.
    Enjoy the family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner was easy peasy, will do the same for other family meals.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...