Friday, April 22, 2022

Dentist & Gardening

 Needed a second visit to the dentist today, to remove an old filling and put in a new one.  A quick visit, however, my lips were frozen for some time afterwards so needed to make sure I did not bite my tongue while eating my lunch.

It was a beautiful day, so decided to start cleaning the leaves from the flower beds.  Filled up seven garden waste paper bags with leaves that have blown over from a neighbors back garden.  This lady never clean up her leaves from the two oak trees she has, and as these leaves take a long time to decompose I try and rake up as many as I can.  I use our maple tree leaves as compost as they are faster to decompose.   I worked for almost three hours, I am sure I will know tomorrow that I worked that long.  I never learn to pace myself,  if one end of the garden looks good and the other not so much, I have to finish the work no matter how long it takes.   Everything is starting to grow, it is so amazing how fast plants start peaking out of the ground after some rain and sunshine.   Violets, primula and daffodils are putting on a nice showing at the present time.    'When we got our groceries earlier this week I did notice, the fencing for the garden center is being erected, so by the end of the month I am sure everything will be stocked in the enclosure.

Dinner tonight, salmon with tarter sauce, baked potato with sour cream, broccoli and some left over squash that was in the fridge.   Lemon pie for dessert.

Writing this late tonight, so  will sign off as it is time to wind down a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Are most of your trees deciduous? Here the tendency is more evergreen, I think (natives at least) but I do have 3 silver birches in the front and the neighbours have blossom trees so we don't have much of a problem with fallen leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...