Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Lovely surprise

 Yesterday,  DD1 gave me a surprise for my birthday.   It was not what I had thought it was but a lovely enjoyable afternoon.

She drove me to an arty/crafty village south of where we live and we arrived at the tea room.  She had invited my sister B, my niece T,  granddaughter N to join us for high tas in the afternoon.   DD1 B, had made us all a fascinator, nothing like being the centre of attraction with everyone wishing me a happy birthday,  All in good fun, of course.   A huge array of finger sandwiches, mini quiche and mini wraps,  and a three tier  cake stand full of delightful little cakes, scones with clotted cream and jam, mini tarts, meringues and pots of hot tea.   The tea room was full of tea pots hundreds of them on shelves and in cupboards, I should have taken some photos  but  there was so much going on I forgot all about it.  After, we went to browse through the little shops, which were full of little things that were nice to look at but not what a person, certainly not me would buy.   There was a shop which sold fragrant candles and I did get one called Cranberry for the holiday season.    My youngest daughter, was working so she could not come with us, however, she did send me a lovely vase of flowers.  It was a lovely surprise and thoroughly enjoyed the day, even though it rained cats and dogs all day long.

Back down to earth today and doing the regular daily chores.  It is cold and blustery today, with a few snowflakes in the air.     A true sign that the Winter season is nearly upon us. 

Not much else going on today, except getting all bundled up for that walk I indicated I would be taking.



Granddaughter N, sister B, niece T, daughter B and myself in the grey sweater.

Have a great day.



2 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun birthday surprise, Pat!!!! I would have enjoyed that immensely too!! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...