Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Busy Day and a Waiting Game

 No time to sit down yesterday, it was a busy day.

My appointment for my Winter tires to be put on was at 10:00 a, m.  it is a 20 minute drive for me to get to the garage, as the traffic is so unpredictable I leave in plenty of time, so at 9:30 a.m. I walked out the door.  I sat in the garage waiting room, read the paper, did the Sudoku and the crossword puzzles, watch the news on TV, and sat some more.  Not leaving until 12:30.   Grant you, I also had an oil change too but, all they had to do is take my Summer wheels off and put on the Winter ones, not take the tires of the wheels and put the others on.   Not being a mechanic, I don't know time frames for these jobs but, I do know there is a time set aside for each job, whether it takes that allotted time or not. So maybe it would have cost me more it that was not the case.   Can't complain I suppose as these jobs need to be done by someone who knows what they are doing and I am not one of those.  Anyway that is all taken care of until Spring when the procedure is reversed.

Then groceries, we have decided never to go to the grocery stores on a Tuesday afternoon.  Most of the grocery stores in the area where we live cater to the university students and give them a discount on Tuesdays, so it is always a busy day.  So another waiting period to check out.

On to the drug store to pick up Rx's,  I had reordered two last week, so was expecting both of them to be ready as promised, however, only one had been filled.   The second one needed a renewal from my Dr., which the drug store does for its customers, by faxing the request and if it a Rx which has been used for a long period of time the Dr. gives his OK.   Waiting again as the staff tried to find the reason why it was not ready.   Finally, they indicated no reply had been received from the Dr.   Calling the Dr. office, when I got home,  I was put on "hold"  while they looked for the fax.   The Dr. office did not receive one.   Eventually, being advised a renewal will be sent back to the drug store and I will now need to wait a couple of days for it to be prepared.

It is a good thing I am a patient person.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Today, cloudy with drizzle becoming rain this afternoon, so no leaf picking up today and if the forecast is correct, not for a few more days either as rain is in the forecast up until the weekend.   Hopefully, all the leaves will be down by then, so it will be the last of them to be gathered and taken to the recycle depot.

 Must think about dinner, I suppose, not sure what it will be tonight.

Have a great day.
















4 comments:

  1. I hope you hadn't run out of that particular medication! We had two pickups of garden stuff this week and I had bins out both times. Our usual pickup is Wednesday but those of us in the know, know that they come around on Tuesday at this time of year for whatever has been put out early. One more raking and I will be done, some will go in the composter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed a patient person. I would have probably lost it at the pharmacy. I don't get angry but my anxiety soars and if it really gets to me I burst into tears. Not a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Pat, indeed you ARE a patient person! I would have had a total nervous breakdown right out of the gate, at the tire place. Not to mention the pharmacy... OMG!! I bow deeply to you, my dear. ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to know that you are "a patient person."...

    Hope, everything goes well with you

    ReplyDelete

Hoping it continues

 Good morning! We have sunshine again, three days in a row, and the temp is going up, just keeping the fingers crossed it will remain the sa...